Monday, November 9, 2015

Fish & surgeries

Old fisherman. A 90 year old fisherman came to sell a 35 pound fish to the hospital kitchen that he had caught that day in the river. 

Then dressed a bunch of wounds and took out stictchds from the week before.

The gynecologist came in the afternoon and we took turns watching surgeries. He explained things too me. There were too few shoes. The nurses had some advice for making the environment more sterile. 

Afterwards, I spent a few hours working on travel plans. I'm going to meet a friend for a little while in Malaysia on the 19th. The wifi makes even the simplest tasks take forever. After dinner, we finished our game of hearts and hung out for a while before bed. Having so many cultures and languages here has been great. It also helps that I now understand more of the shared languages and translate the Indian English to Spanish medical terms for the two older nurses or I translate Indian English into slower American English for Goretti. 

Some other things happened. I think we played cards for a while. 

-AB









No comments:

Post a Comment