Saturday, December 12, 2015

Remember, it's India.

It was almost like India was trying to make sure I did not forget how crazy it was. 

I met Biku, Connor and Bikas at the airport. Connor wanted to know all about my trip but Biku didn't seem to want to talk much. Instead of heading back to Juanga like I expected, we went to an ashram. 

They dropped off Biku and I and Connor and Bikas drove off in the car without explanation. At the ashram, I met the head holy man, who's son is friends with Biku. We talked for a while before lapsing into the customary Indian silence. Connor came back after a while and we learned about religion while drinking stringy, chunky milk that was still warm from the cow. 

After a while, we left to stay at Biku's cousins house and had a small dinner at midnight. No one ate with us. We went to sleep sharing a firm bed. 

I'm still a little sick and would've really loved going back to Juanga to take a shower and rest. It was definitely a metaphorical slap back to the reality of India. I'm determined to enjoy the experience. 

-AB

That man is the same one in the photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment