Sunday, December 6, 2015

Monkeys mountains and clouds.

After the breakfast, we started climbing a mountain opposite poon hill, but the same height. The cloud cover had faded in the sun and the views were spectacular. The mountain peaks are about 20 degrees higher than where I'd expect them to be and the frigid air perfectly matches the sight of their white, wind blown peaks. Two of the mountains we're looking at are in the top 10 highest on earth. 

It's awesome in the true meaning of the word. I feel so small. Rissi and I don't talk when we're hiking so it feels almost like meditation. I mostly gave up trying for extended conversation but the silence is comfortable and I don't mind. 

We hiked up for another two hours or so we passed a pack or monkeys swinging through the trees above us. I'd love to see a parkour competition with a few of them. then stopped for lunch of Dalh baht (Dalh baht power is 24 hour). On the way, The afternoon was spent mostly walking down. I love looking into the deep pools along the route, the water is so clear I could reach down and grab the stones on the bottom, 5-10 feet deep. 

We got into the village where we'll be staying around 2:30 and then played a little cards with Rissi before eating first dinner. I'm always hungry and often have to get two or more plates of whatever the meal is. 

I have a sore throat and am losing my voice so I went to bed before 8pm. 

-AB


















No comments:

Post a Comment